- Forever Living Products has provided evidence that it satisfies at least 131 Evidence Requirements of the Extended Framework (and therefore 170 Evidence Requirements in total) which is above the threshold for a Gold Award.
- This was a particularly positive assessment with huge amount of feedback to suggest that Forever Living Products (UK) Limited is a good employer with highly effective people strategies. This is clearly driven by the company's core values and the management style of the Managing Director (who is widely respected and perceived as an 'inspiration') and his senior team who are to be commended for creating a high performing and supportive workplace.
- Forever's five core values were also developed with staff and associates and as a consequence are widely understood and fully embedded. They were described as 'just the way we do things here'. In terms of the process of developing the company's values, people were asked to make suggestions which were shortlisted and then voted upon by everyone within the company. The five chosen were:
The organisation takes its social responsibilities very seriously whether in terms of being environmentally friendly or the support offered to charities. There was extensive feedback from people at all levels within the company regarding efforts to be 'greener', for example, by recycling cardboard and plastic (the Distribution Centre recycles over a ton of cardboard each week) and reducing the use of packaging. This is not always an easy option, as initiatives such as supplying some products in only a plastic tube and not inside a box does cause packaging 'challenges', and some of the plastic containers from America do not meet UK recycling requirements, however there is a determination to overcome these issues. Many people made reference to the fact that the company's many aloe plants make Forever 'at least carbon neutral' globally and 'possibly even carbon positive' and there was clearly a sense of pride about the company's efforts to be environmentally friendly.
In relation to charitable causes some interviewees commented on 'Forever Giving', the company's international charitable foundation which has provided support to Haiti in recent times. The UK organisation is approached quite often by organisations seeking support and a decision was made to allow employees and Distributors to choose a charity to champion each year. This year it is Macmillan Cancer Support which has already benefitted from a range of fund raising activities, including a sports day on which staff worked for free and donated their salaries to the organisation.
There was a view amongst (especially long-serving) interviewees that Forever 'has always been a good employer' in terms of how people are managed and the training on offer. However it was also apparent that people felt that things had improved still further with the appointment of the current MD and members of the senior team...
- Honesty - always be honest and show integrity to develop trust.
- Excellence - being the best we can every day and delivering beyond expectation.
- Respect - for ourselves and the unique qualities of others.
- Belief - in the products, the opportunity and the values of our company, live by them on a daily basis.
- Support - be supportive, helpful and understanding of those around you.